Obama has proven to be the largest Nigerian email scam in the history of the world. — Dick

The Left is apparently unware of what constitutes a ‘joke’

Posted by ArmedGeek on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 in Politics

“I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won’t hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that,” Perdue said. “You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”

Note the URL. ‘perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections_for_two_years_was_she_serious’ vs. the updated headline on that page, ‘Perdue jokes about suspending Congressional elections for two years’.

It was a joke, see? You’re just too dumb to get it.

I’m not much into conspiracies and I’m not going to delve into thoughts of whether this was a trial balloon or whether SCOAMF* might actually try to do something like this. It sounded nutty when the left said it about Bush and it sounds nutty now too.

I just think these people are idiots. Oh, I’m sure they’d like for things to be different but I don’t think any of them would actually push something like this. Just like when SCOAMF said he wished he could bypass Congress.

For the moment I’m going to assume Gardasil made her retarded.

* Stuttering Clusterfuck of a Miserable Failure. I’m not sure who came up with this but I first saw it at Ace’s.

“You want people who don’t worry about the next election.”

There’s a better way to achieve that end: Term limits.

2. Jess says:

More Democratic/Progressive horse crap. In the past, they skated on the comments. Now, they’re exposed and ridiculed.

It’s a failed political ideology and they’re on the way to extinction. I’d like to write “May they rest in peace”, but “Burn in Hell” is more appropriate.

3. I think they are testing the waters, making the suggestions so that, if/when the time comes, we will be susceptible to it.

4. Harry says:

The sad part is that I don’t think she even knew what she was really saying. This woman is so dense, I honestly don’t believe she gave a thought to how totalitarian the idea is.

I’ve long thought that there are two types of liberals: The first are well-intentioned idiots, who think liberalism is kind and gentle. The second type knows exactly how evil liberal policies are and don’t care; they see liberal policies as a way to get and keep power. This fool (I love the tag on this post) represents the former; the POTUS, the latter.

5. LC LtC says:

Hers is just the attitude of those who vote despots in “to fix things, that’s all.” That’s the scary part, I think; nominally educated and aware citizens who are able to say such things out loud.

Our fellow Americans can vote away our freedom. I would feel better to hear from the left that these words are offensive to the free heart.

A joke? I am not laughing….

7. Harry says:

RIght… to hear the MSM try and play the joke card is absurd. Yet another example of disgusting bias.

Here’s a card I’ll play… take a look at Hitler’s rise to power in the 30′s. No need for pesky elections…

Yet, run-of-the-mill liberals think we’re (Tea types) crazy for making such comparisons.

Sigh…..

8. Purple Raider says:

Harry, you have it wrong.

There is no Liberal/leftist/”progressive” people any more.

Everyone in the NSWDP is an out and out Marxist. Period.

Guess we need the cartridge box now.

9. Veeshir says:

The Bush years make a lot more sense.

They know if they were in power they would have acted the way they accused Bush of acting.
    Remember when they claimed he was going to suspend elections? How they claimed he and Cheney were using their power to enrich their cronies and themselves? How they claimed he started a war without an “exit strategy”?
    C’mon, you can play along.

10. Yabu says:

Could be a trial balloon, or testing the waters. Bottom line: We do need some change…and term limits. Perdue is an idiot, and I’m not too dumb to get it, and I live in her state. Any talk, joke or not?, about suspending Congressional elections is some bad bad juju. At any rate…troubled times ahead.

11. Lemur King says:

If Gardasil made her retarded, why did they let her go back repeatedly? Stack up retardation five or six times and it leads to her current mental state -- that’s criminal.

She is known for opening her mouth and inserting as many as dozen stinky feet (or hooves) on a regular basis, but I think in this instance she was hoping like hell that there’d be a bunch of people who would think it was a great idea.