Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Frank and Beano

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Monday, November 28, 2011 in Idiotarians, Politics

Today welcomes the news that Rep. Barney Frank (D- Mass), won’t seek re-election in 2012.

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) will announce Monday that he is not seeking re-election, a spokesman said Monday morning.

Gee, I wonder why? It’s not like he doesn’t have one of the safest seats, right? Could it have something to do with him being the ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee? Or maybe it could be allegations of insider trading? Maybe the guy is tired after 16 terms serving his constituency? Or maybe he’s tired after 16 terms of helping himself to the trough?

Whatever the reason, I’m sure he will miss Intern Week™.

1. Purple Raider says:

Comment of the thread:

“If it is true that Barney Frank is retiring, for the love of all that is holy, please don’t let there be pictures involved.”

Actually, his seat (the congressional seat, that is) isn’t that secure. Redistricting will make his district less liberal, and his margin was at a record low in the 2010 election. But the reason he’s going isn’t important. What’s important is that he’s leaving. Cue the Munchkins:

Ding Dong, the witch is dead…

3. Aaron Burr says:

Me five seconds before clicking on the bookmarked link.

“Ah, Hookers & Booze, I haven’t checked in since Thanksgiving, I wonder what seductive tart they put on the front page…”

4. Yabu says:

He outstayed most of all. Crook. Good riddance.

5. Aaron, I promise I will make it up to y’all with a fabulous hooker tomorrow :D

6. Wiccapundit says:

John D said:

“Ding dong, the witch is dead …”

Real witches everywhere object. A demon, yes. A succubus, most certainly. But NOT a witch.

7. Lizard says:

In his statement he felt that the campaigning would be too much for him. Just showing himself for the lazy person I have always thought he was.

8. Paulie says:

In his presser announcing his retirement, he is quoted as saying that he has “twinges of regret”

Which is bullshit, of course.

Everyone knows that he actually said that he has “twinges of wegwet.”

So do we, Bawney; so do we.

That it didn’t happen SOONER.

Bwha-ha-ha-ha-ha….

9. Radical Redneck says:

So gutter trash Barney Frank is slinking off to spend more time with Freddie’s Fannie? Good. Fucking. Riddance!

Redistricting in MA was going to change his seat to include my parents propertah. Sweet! I no longer have to disinherit myself. :D

Look just how beloved this tapioca throated sleaze was by his constituents. Comments here are over 90% rejoicing that his gaping ass is gone.

Bye Barney, don’t let the door hit you in the pleasure center.

10. Wamk says:

Typical Lib. Heard some of his presser, moaning about how difficult it would be to meet the new folks in his redrawn district. Is there anyone in MA that doesn’t know the name of Barney Frank?

Going gets tough, he quits.

11. Lemur King says:

Yeah, I had a hard time believing that his “unknown to some” comment could have any traction in real-life. Only in his imagination. As they say, “That dog don’t hunt”.

Gotta give him credit though -- he is as full of shit as ever, and he almost looks like he believes it when he says it.

12. Erinyes says:

Frank is abandoning a sinking ship before the Obama Administration goes down like the twink in that pic. Unfortunately, Maxine Waters is making noise about taking over his spot.

13. Paulie says:

I heard that story about Maxine Waters and the first thought is why does longevity qualify someone for a top position?

Simply because this scarecrow has survived and been reelected by her foolish constituents doesn’t seem to me reason enough for a promotion.

I guess it’s the union way…