So, now, I just keep my mouth shut and pet my chihuahuas. — Mickey Rourke

Inkspell

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, March 23, 2012 in Bonus Hooker, Open Thread

Yesterday, I posted at Sithy about how close I came to getting a tattoo, but how I won’t because basically I’m chicken. Hubby has a very nice one, and Draco has a plethora, which officially classifies him as psychotic by the Army, but I’m sure the tattoos had nothing to do with that. I like to look at tattoos as an art form. I love to hear the stories behind them. Sometimes though, the stories begin with, “I was at a bar…” and end with, “Next thing I know, I had this tattoo and my wallet was missing.”

Those stories are not as fun.

For the most part, tattoos are beautiful. Some can go beyond ornate to downright ridiculous. Others can be downright scary. And of course, there are those that will be so very bitterly regretted.

So if money and detail were no objects, what would you have as a tattoo? And if you already have one, what’s your story?? ;)

As Aggie mentioned…I have a few tats.

1. Dragon on my chest I got in Korea while stationed over there.

2. Phoenix I have on my right scapula has a story not to be told here.

3. My Ranger tab over the Texas A&M emblem I got after graduating Ranger School. (There is a tradition that after you graduate, you get a tattoo, a Ranger front license plate and a Ranger sticker for your truck.) I designed this one after a night at Ft. Benning’s O’Club.

And it is true that once you get one…you will want another, and another, rinse and repeat!!

And BTW…if you are interested in seeing “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”, get and watch the original first. It is in Swedish and is NOT, I say again NOT, child friendly!!

3. B.C. says:

Tattoos are the little red sports cars/jacked-up 4X4′s of the penilely-challenged/attention whores of the world. *Dives into flame-proof bunker*

:-D

B.C., you should find it funny that I never got a tattoo until AFTER I got commissioned and all of them I got when I was in my 20′s. And if I am wearing a shirt, you can’t see any of my ink.

Now the attention whore reference may be close to the truth. You would have to ask Aggie!! /grin

5. QueenBee says:

I don’t have any… but want two. I have a scar on my ankle from a fire cracker/booze incident a few years ago. I would like a fire cracker tattoo over it…. I also want a celtic triangle knot but have never figured out where I would put it. Maybe someday.

6. Veeshir says:

I never got one, mostly because I just can’t think of anything I would want when I was 20 and still want when I was 60. (see how optimistic I am? You could get good odds that I will never see 60)
    Of course, I was never in the military.
    If I had been able to join, I probably would have something military related.

I love the occasional story you see about Oriental tattoo artists who tattoo “General Tso’s Chicken” on some girl’s lower back instead of “I’m Beautiful” the way they say they will. That’s hilarious and I really, really, really want those stories to be true.

7. B.C. says:

Veeshir, having some sick tattoo artist ink in “sperm dumpster” in Chinese (or some other language she doesn’t understand) as a tramp stamp would be hilarious. :-D

8. Aaron Burr says:

Oh course I have tats. All unrepentant biker thugs have tats.

All I need is Pinkie Pie and the entire My Little Pony collection will be complete.

9. DaninVan says:

Don’t have one; don’t want one. Why ruin a perfect piece of canvas…you listening Aggie?

10. I’M LISTENING!!!

Sheesh… ;)

“I love the occasional story you see about Oriental tattoo artists who tattoo “General Tso’s Chicken” on some girl’s lower back…”

That would be totally hot. I love me some General Tso’s Chicken.

Well-loved. Thumb up 4 Thumb down 0

12. shadd says:

my tattoo is half hungarian and half latin. I said I would marry the first girl that could translate both. Aggie cheated and asked my father. I met for the first time, this year, a girl who could translate both. Good thing I didn’t wait.

At first I wasn’t going to get one, thinking ‘what would my grandchildren say?’. Then I remembered that my grandfather had a tattoo and we always thought it was cool…..so I got it.

shadd

13. wamk says:

Mine is small, in a discreet place, and is my fraternity letters. If you give me a quarter, I’ll take you out behind the dumpster, and let you have a peek.

Got it after the pledge class after mine got initiated. I had taken a few of those guys under my wing, and as a “thank you”, they kidnapped me, got me drunk, and we all wound up getting tatted at the same time.

14. Veeshir says:

My other opinion on ink is that I’m all in favor of facial tattoos.

It saves me all kinds of time figuring out I don’t want to talk to you.

If you don’t have a facial tattoo, I might actually start talking to you before I figure that out.

Well-loved. Thumb up 6 Thumb down 0

15. Wiccapundit says:

I have several, none of which are visible when I’m clothed. The largest is a work of art I commissioned, then had a supremely talented tattooist render in ink.

Women with tats are hot. At least, the right ones (right woman, right tat).

And Draco is right; get one and you WILL get another. Kinda like potato chips …

16. Lizard says:

Since tattoos involved needles never going to happen for me.

I do however enjoy henna tats. I got one many summers ago while on vacation. First night back playing volleyball against my then bf’s team, halfway through first game from across the court I hear “what the hell is on your ankle?”. Now henna is only suppose to last a couple of weeks but mine lasted almost 2 months…..he was starting to doubt that is was a henna.

Veeshir….a black facial tear drop WILL get you talked about!!! Of course, would be a good partner in a bar fight!!!

18. Veeshir says:

Of course, would be a good partner in a bar fight!!!

There is that.

I’ve got a sword tattoo, based loosely on the one my Father got while he was in the navy.funny story aboot it, though. My girlfriend at the time bought it for me for Valentine’s Day. But she nagged. Long story short, one night she started nagging me aboot the money I spent last time I was at sea and I dumped her before the scab came off.

Once the fad passes, I’m looking down the barrel of two more. Cardinal points and a ship’s screw in one spot and St Florian in another once I’ve passed my Firefighter level 1 course.

Oh, and once I finally pull the pin on my career I’m gonna get a paddle scribbled on my shoulder.

20. seagoon says:

I’ve got one tattoo -- starts just above my elbows and runs to just above my knees. Unified design, took about 300 hours to complete, and totally invisible when I’m clothed (I have a suit and tie type job ;))

It’s heavy blackwork, so the worst bits were the 4″ thick lines running over my ribs under my armpits, the base of my spine, and the thin skin over my collarbones.

Then of course there’s the scarifications and the forked tongue… I had an interesting youth :D

21. jonahex says:

DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN she is unholy hot!

22. jonahex says:

I have a tattoo of a huge penis on my penis.

Funny you should say that, JH. I’ve always wanted a tattoo of a frog that says “RUBBIT” on my knob.

24. cmblake6 says:

Well then, go for it Sentry. I have nerves in my penis that would NOT take kindly to ink. I have the V for Vendetta on my left shoulder, I will have the Guy Fawkes on my right.

25. David says:

If $$, detail and technology were not barriers, I’d be tattooed to be able to be the perfect chameleon, invisible at will.