In the land of unicorns, you can close your eyes and pretend that a horn up the ass isn’t a violation. — Jeff G., Protein Wisdom

Dropping like flies

Posted by ArmedGeek on Sunday, May 13, 2012 in Icon, Music

We’ve lost a couple of greats recently.

Auto legend Carroll Shelby died Thursday night at Baylor Hospital in Dallas at the age of 89.

From Autoweek:

Carroll Shelby’s shadow stretched out Texas tall across nearly the whole of the world’s automotive landscape. A natural as a race driver, he won three U.S. sports-car championships in Ferraris and Maseratis, and for Aston Martin he won the 1959 24 Hours of Le Mans with British co-driver Roy Salvadori.

From The Washington Post:

Donald “Duck” Dunn, the bassist who helped create the gritty Memphis soul sound at Stax Records in the 1960s as part of the legendary group Booker T. and the MGs and contributed to such classics as “In the Midnight Hour,” ‘’Hold On, I’m Coming” and “Sitting on the Dock of the Bay,” died Sunday at 70.

Dunn, whose legacy as one of the most respected session musicians in the business also included work with John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd’s Blues Brothers as well as with Levon Helm, Eric Clapton, Neil Young and Bob Dylan, died while on tour in Tokyo.

And apparently, none of you fuckers had either of them in the pool. I am disappoint.

1. I was rather sad about Shelby. He is considered a Texas treasure.

And don’t be disappoint with me. I’m not even playing!

2. Yabu says:

Speaking of Carroll Shelby, I know a guy who has an original mint condition 1965 Cobra. It is truly a bad ride. Pretty to look at, but you ought to hear it. I’ve driven it, and you damn near need headphones.

3. Mope says:

Try Silly Putty™- I hear it works well deadening deafening noise.

4. I’m not one for cars, but I wouldn’t have minded a Shelby, even a loud one.

Just imagine the freakin’ STREET CRED!!!

5. Yabu says:

Miss Aggie, you’d look good in it and be all over the STREET CRED!!!. Nice ride, and a whole lotta fun to drive. as George T. said, “it’s bad to the bone”.

6. LC LtC says:

Loud is a fair price for speed and agility. Except in a guy.

7. Maestro Semprinin says:

Remember. You heard it here first

8. Reiuxcat says:

Aw man, I loved the Duck in the Blues brothers movie.

RE our poor dead pool performance.

Rule #12 -- If you are convicted of causing the death of any of the celebrities on your list, you forfeit the game. No cheating.

just sayin’