I would never invade the United States. There would be a gun behind every blade of grass. — Isoroku Yamamoto

Hippie Chic

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, July 20, 2012 in AssHatery, Idiotarians, Politics, Total Bullshit

I saw this yesterday, but wanted to wait until I was sure it wasn’t satire until I wrote about it.

Art-Kids for Change: Partying Against the Tea Party in Hipster Brooklyn

You can find the article at the www [dot] gq [dot] com site, under news and politics blogs. Yes, I was at GQ. Sue me. I got it from IowaHawk, so there.

Moving on, the so-called hipsters were in attendance at an “art space” called “The Intercourse” in Brooklyn. Entrance fee was only $50, with proceeds going to Downtown for Democracy. The point: raising money to defeat the Tea Party Ten that Puffy Ho wrote about. No linkie to that, either. The ten are Sean Duffy (R-Wis.), Steve King (R-Iowa), Allen West (R-Fla), Joe Walsh (R-Ill.), Frank Guinta (R-N.H.), Chip Cravaack (R-Minn.), Dan Lundgren (R- CA), and Mike Fitzpatrick (R-PA), with two others to be announced by the CREDO SuperPAC.

No, they couldn’t come up with ten off the top of their pinheads.

The writer reporting on the hip happenings was a bit surprised by the insouciance of those gathered there. These hipsters paid to have their voices heard, and they weren’t bothering to say anything. A friend noted:

“This is a good illustration of why Democrats are going to lose the air war this year. I’ve had probably $150 worth of food and drink and I only paid $50. Not that it isn’t delicious.”

Leeches exist throughout the economic strata. But it is worth pointing out that he knew the futility of such a gathering. The point of the gathering is to raise money. That’s it. Not to convince them to vote for Obama, not to convince them to be active in politics. The reality is that these kids (and they were mostly in their 20′s) go to these parties, give $50, and feel they have done their duty. They do not ask where the money goes, or for what it will be used. All they know is that it will go to save Obama. The organizer of the swanky soirees makes sure to let the writer know what she hopes to accomplish:

“My reflection on the evening,” she wrote the next morning in a cheery email to reporters who attended, “is that I think it was pretty cool that a demographic some might refer to as ‘hipsters’ trekked out to possibly the hardest neighborhood to get to in Brooklyn—not to attend an opening or a fashion show, but to support progressive politics. And paid to do it. Part of D4D’s mission is to counteract the stereotype that the young and creative are too busy caring about themselves to care about politics. I think we accomplished that last night.”

ZOMG!!! They navigated the hardest neighborhood TO GET TO in BROOKLYN!!

And they paid for the PRIVILEGE!!!

Oh, and they FOUGHT the stereotypes of being HIPSTERS!!!

Wait…what??

Lest you think I’m against such a soiree, I am all for them. It’s part of the freedoms we enjoy. And as a perk, Teh Stoopid™ never fails to disappoint.

“It’s amazing,” Dustin Yellin [owner of The Intercourse] said.”The Intercourse is amazing, and D4D is amazing.”

And when the writer asks him, “The Tea Party…you’re happy to—” Mr. Yellin replied:

“Abolish it? Yes. Absolutely.”

Because in the land of Progressives, there is only one voice, and it isn’t the one of dissent.

“…the young and creative are too busy caring about themselves to care about politics.”

I have no doubt they care about politics. My problem is that they have no clue about the subject. Having too many clueless people voting is how we got into this mess in the first place. I think it’s time to bring back literacy tests for voting. Some history and current events questions should be thrown in as well.

2. krow8803 says:

Aggs
    ever get the feeling that somewhere in high school this dipshits were infected with a moron bomb and its just now going off?

3. Radical Redneck says:

And now a word from the reliably insane. And stupid. And ignorant. And vile…

A wingnut kills 14 in a Colorado movie theater……and you know what that means! It means Glenn Beck & Rush Limbaugh are to blame. Yes, that’s right: THEY’RE TO BLAME. Both of those assholes with a national microphone are causing the reich wing armed militias in America to go off the deep end. When will these two be arrested for terrorizing the nation!!!

*SPIT!* :P

4. There is nothing better then arresting a Hipster. I am lucky that I get to do that alot.

I find most hipster are all the rejects / misfits/ dipshits from some small town somwhere in the middle of corn country and have come to NYC to be accepted by other rejects / misfits / dipshits from other podunk towns.

They think they know everything, think they are entitled to anything.

Oh, and they are all tough guys until you take them to Manhattan Central Booking. Nothing better then a hipster in cuffs in tears.

O’Shea….I am SO jealous. Sounds you have some benefits to your job!!

6. Rad, I’m not surprised that batshit crazy nutjob said that.

I am only surprised that she left out Sean Hannity :D

7. Lizard says:

So they are against Sean Duffy being re-elected doesn’t surprise me.

By the way, Sean Duffy was part of the Real World Boston. MTV has their whole Rock the Vote but funny they don’t like being reminded about Sean.

8. maestrosemprinin says:

It’s a good thing there are no Conservatives in Brooklyn. If just one set foot there it might upset the balance and roll over and capsize into the East River. But the Intercourse party owes an apology the the N.Y. Dept of Revenue. They have over a thousand bureaucrats bothering Rush 24/7, and if anything happens to him they’ll all be out of a job. They were only there for the eats anyway. Isn’t such behavior redolent of Ted Nugent’s fans?