Fuck you until you get a fucking clue with the fuckbook of knowledge. — Eddie the Bear

The Scam Stops Here!

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Saturday, August 25, 2012 in Politics, Total Bullshit

I’m sure y’all remember when the Obama campaign refused to pay for an upcoming visit in Durham, New Hampshire? And when the Democratic National Committee refused to reimburse Westport, Connecticut for an Obama campaign visit? Well, it sounds like some people are starting to catch on:

A University of Virginia spokeswoman says President Barack Obama will not be at the university when he comes to Charlottesville on Wednesday.  In a statement released Friday, it was confirmed that the university declined the president’s request to speak at UVA.

UVA says the Obama campaign requested the use of one of two outdoor venues - the Amphitheater or the Harrison-Small Library plaza.  The university declined the request for a number of reasons including class cancellations, which UVA estimates could be more than 186 classes on the second day of school.  The other main reason is they would have to take on the full cost of security, and because of university policy and their federal and state tax exempt status, they would have to offer the same opportunity to the other candidate so as not to show favor for either candidate.

Sounds to me like they have caught on to the financial drain these leeches are on everyone. Now the campaign is scrambling for a venue that is “academic” enough for the Prez.

Might I suggest any preschool? ;)

The part that sticks out in my mind is the admission that they’d feel obligated to provide free security and blah blah to Romney’s campaign if he wanted to go there. If they’d left that part out, I might have thought it was a principled stand on the part of the university. As it it, I’ll just look at it as business as usual.

2. But that’s just it: the university is a business. They have to think fiscally, and truthfully, universities no longer have principles ;)

3. LC LtC says:

Little ripples on the wave of the coming preference cascade.

4. maestrosemprinin says:

There’s always Berkeley.

5. North says:

“Might I suggest any preschool?”

How about the one Biden is still attending?

6. How about the one Biden is still attending?

You made me spew coffee everywhere :lol:

7. North says:

Aggie: My job here on this planet is now complete.

*becomes pure energy and dissipates*

8. Yabu says:

I will be there next week. Not political, just to spend a few days with my best friend. Charlottesville is a nice place, and we’re heading for the hills. Camping Heading on the side of a river / stream. Gonna have a good time, the only problem is…I busted a rib. Very uncomfortable, but I’ll make it. The only way I can get out of bed is to roll out, or get the Juju Woman to pull me up. Hurts like a MoFo, but this ain’t my first rib rodeo.

9. Jim22 says:

Aggie, Speaking of scams, here’s a great Texas song. Mister Scam Man. Enjoy.

10. David says:

“a venue that is “academic” enough for the Prez.

“Might I suggest any preschool?”

Why do you feel compelled to insult preschoolers so?