Don’t sweat the petty stuff, and don’t pet the sweaty stuff.

Time Suckers

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, August 31, 2012 in Open Thread, Teh Funny

You know when you have to go look something up on the computer, like pay bills or look up a map, or maybe search for a local seamstress because you bought a really pretty maxi dress but you are so short that it falls six inches past your feet and you are tired of looking at it hanging from the highest point in your closet, and three hours later, you’re still on the computer playing a game or socializing? Well, maybe not the dress scenario. But I’m sure y’all have fallen in the time sucker trap.

For me, the worst is Wikipedia™. Why? Because I actually look for errors. I never report them, though. I just laugh, or rather cry at the pathetic editing done there. One HUGE error I found was citing Elizabeth II, (you know, the one who jumped out of a helicopter) as the daughter of Henry VIII!!!! It has been corrected, but c’mon!! Elizabeth I only jumped explorers. Sheesh…

So what internet time sucker do you have to slay every day?? ;)

1. Wiccapundit says:

YouTube videos of great musical performances: Thelonius Monk, Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, Deep Purple live at California Jam, really talented (but unknown) amateur musicians. The list is endless.

But I don’t watch TV, so I guess that evens things out.

2. OMG!!! YOUBOOB!!!

That sucks time and dark matter :)

I just surf. Start off with a couple of random words in Bing with safe search off, and away we go. Sometimes I wreck, but occasionally I come up with something truly awesome. Of course, there’s been more than one time where I meant to just have a beer after work and see what’s out there, and the next thing I know, I’m drunk off my ass and the sun’s coming up.

Aggie, you know me….I have to hit the news sites. And then there is FB, and checking up on folks in LA and Mississippi after Isaac.

5. DaninVan says:

H&B… ;)

6. maestrosemprinin says:

Having to edit a post on the Amspecblog when I go over the limit.

7. ArmedGeek says:

Don’t do it. Its worse than getting lost in wikipedia.

8. QueenBee says:

Check out People of Walmart and Cake Wrecks. I can waste hours!

9. Draco, you go to the news first because it’s your homepage. THEN you hit FB and stay there ;)

10. *curses ArmedGeek*

*starts to pull plu…

11. Lemur King says:

Posting is huge time-suck when you want to say something in just the right way.

Or making spider graphics for demanding innernet wimmin.

12. Pogo.

70 million tokens later, I have wasted months on this.

13. making spider graphics for demanding innernet wimmin.

In fairness, I never, EVER, gave you a deadline :D

[quote]Or making spider graphics for demanding innernet wimmin.[/quote]

First time I read that, it said demented. Then I laughed. Then I remembered the machetes.

15. PrimEvil says:

Time-waster tick-off #1 is…UPDATES! Seems like every time I open an application, the sucker wants an update. Then there’s solitaire,FB,sites I like to read…..chats….

16. Yabu says:

I will occasionally link Wikipedia, only if I know the “article” is accurate. You’re right, the editing sucks.

17. Rian says:

I watches any blog like yours….. thats my time suckers….. LOL