Man Law : No man should talk on a telephone to a girl longer than he will have sex with her.

Bringing on the Heartbreak

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, November 30, 2012 in Open Thread

The song was on the radio this morning.

But it got me to thinking…. heartbreak is a serious condition. It hurts more than physical pain. Well, most physical pain, I think. You grieve, you rage, you pine, you pretty much become a sad sack of emotions. And if there is a cure for it, I have yet to find it.

By the way, anyone else think that “heartbroken” sounds like “Hoboken”??

I remember back in high school, my ex-boyfriend sent a mutual friend to let me know we were breaking up. On Valentine’s Day. During lunch hour. I was young and stupid and just mourned for that loss.

I can tell you right now that if he had done that to me now, I would have exacted revenge via billboard to let everyone in town know what a coward he was for doing that.

And how would y’all deal, or have you dealt with a broken heart?? And were laws fractured a time or two?? ;)

1. LeeAnn says:

Long ago, I came home from work to find The Boyfriend had moved out, lock stock and barrel. He left a note where the TV used to be informing me he’d moved in with a girl we both knew from our paintball team. Apparently he and I had been shaky and he took the opportunity to “spend my life with a REAL woman.” Well then.
    I also discovered in the mail that same day a letter (this was pre-internet days) from a Very Good Employer to whom The Boyfriend had applied for a job. When I opened it, (yeah, I tampered with the mail. Pffttt.) I found it was a job offer, with a very nice salary.
    Somehow that letter fell into the garbage disposal. Oopsie.
    Last I heard, he was working at Walmart.

I got jilted on the eve of my graduation ceremony for Basic Training, Seriously. Jilted, in 1996. I didn’t think that happened anymore. Anyway, we canceled the wedding plans and I shone as the marker for my platoon. Then I got drunk.

About a year later, I was pretty hung up on this nice French girl, one of my roommate’s language instructors. We hooked up, hit it off and she went back to Montreal for a visit. While she was there, she was gunned down by some miserable son of a bitch. This is right around the time a couple of my friends had been killed as well. One on tour and another fell asleep driving back to base from meeting his brand new niece.

I didn’t realize it until just a few years ago, but after all that I crawled into a rum bottle for the better part of a decade.

I’m feeling much better now.

3. My first wife moved in with a Jodie while I was on deployment. I reconciled with her later, but on hindsight should have let the bastard have her permanent, would have been the best revenge.

“And if there is a cure for it, I have yet to find it.”

Strippers, lots and lots of strippers.

4. ArmedGeek says:

I’ve only been seriously heartbroken once. It happened about 20 years ago and I’ll let you know when I fully recover.

5. Jess says:

After nearly thirty years, I still can’t find the words that describe the devastation.

If I learned anything, it was nobody is as strong as they think and emotional trauma can be as destructive as the worst of physical trauma.

6. TOWG says:

Me too.

7. Larry says:

I drank a lot.

In retrospect it wasn’t my best idea ever.