Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Trimming the Turkey Tree

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, November 23, 2012 in Funny Pics, Open Thread

Maybe I’m just getting cranky in my old age, but I can’t stand to see Christmas decor before Thanksgiving. Oh, I know the stores beging to push Christmas down our throats around July, but I mean out in the neighborhood.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH WAITING UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING???

I adhere to the “Not Before December First” rule. I don’t care if December 1st falls on a Tuesday. That’s when I start decorating. I’m fastidious that way.

So, when do y’all break out the Christmas decorations? Before, or after the carving of the turkey?? :)

In my family, we always did it on Christmas Eve but The wife has a tradition of putting up the tree on Grey Cup Sunday, which is this weekend. Works for me, I’ll be picking up some eggnog to go with the black spiced rum and maybe lend a hand for a change.

2. QueenBee says:

Whenever we have the time. Going very basic this year- I hope to get the tree in the house before Redbeard goes to work Monday- I can take it from there.

3. maestrosemprinin says:

Every time I see one of these electric inflatable Santas I want to subject the damned thing to an auto de fe’. To all and singular who decorate tastefully and attractively, I applaud your efforts. But the over the top, overcrowded, overpowering, suburbanite extravaganzas Suck. No sane person cares to see such displays anymore than they would want to see Rosie O’Dildo in a bikini.
    Merry ChrisGrolsch

4. Larry says:

Thanksgiving night. My wife loved Christmas, it was her favorite time of the year, so right after everyone had woken from their turkey coma it was time to put up the tree.

We didn’t do it for the past two years, but we did it this year. It just felt right.

5. the botnet says:

Mrs. botnet always waits for the cold to hit before she allows me to do the outside work. Thursday: 60 degrees. Today: 28.

I suspect it will be any time now.

6. DaninVan says:

Sunny and unusually warm today. Hung a few outside LED lights on the house. Done.