Man Law : No man shall ever turn down free beer because “it’s not their brand.”

Buncha Dopes

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, January 11, 2013 in Funny Pics, Open Thread

Where to start?

Lance Armstrong is planning on crying to Oprah Winfrey about how he really did dope up in order to be a winner. Puts a whole new meaning on the term “coming clean”, doesn’t it? Frankly, I don’t care. I never liked the guy. He always seemed a bit pretentious to me, even when humbled by disease. Admittedly, he did establish a charitable foundation, but since his outing in the doping scandal, it has suffered by extension.

And yesterday the voters for the Baseball Hall of Fame decided to not nominate any players. That’s the first time since 1996, and only the second time since 1960, I believe. Apparently, the spectre of performance-enhancing drugs reared its ugly head when Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens were nominated.

doping lol

Frankly, I’m to the point of advocating the Chemical Olympics™*. Let them dope up and compete!!

What say y’all?? ;)

*Hat tip for the term goes to Hubby :D

1. BC says:

All of the HR records for the last 25 years need to be tossed into a garbage can, soaked with gasoline and torched. As for Armstrong, if he actually DID dope up, he should be charged with felony fraud and thrown into prison. All of the money that he’s earned over the past couple of decades has come from his “performance” and the celebrity that it brought, with him standing in front of cameras saying that he was clean. (Same goes for all of the assholes caught lying about doping.)

2. Exactly, BC.

I don’t care about them doping. I care about them lying about it.

3. Veeshir says:

I’m a little surprised Piazza didn’t make it. He’s one of the best catchers ever and obviously didn’t dope up (at least, if he did he sucked at it. I was a Mets fan watching him not be all that great as Bonds and Clemens were getting bigger and better at the same age).

Doping is cheating.

MLB makes me the angriest.

Bonds was on his way to a Hall of Fame career, guy was a great player in all facets of the game.
    Then he decided to become Mr. Home Run and steroided out, increasing his shoe and freaking hat size and MLB had absolutely no problem with that until after he retired.

Bud Selig was all happy about destroying the integrity of the game for money.

He directly encouraged pro athletes to dope for the home runs while he instituted a minor league bullcrap “testing” bullcrap.

But he keeps Pete Rose out for gambling.

Now, if Rose had bet against his team or bet on the under, I’d be all in favor of kicking him out, but he didn’t.
    Hell, I’d be okay if he bet on his own team and bet on the over.

The only way that’s different from Rex Ryan of the Jets talking crap each and every week is that Rose is putting his money where his mouth is and Ryan is putting his mouth where his ass is.

Not electing those cheaters was beautiful. Simply beautiful. I just hope the voters have the balls to keep not voting for cheaters.

Sorry, I get worked up.

4. maestro semprinin says:

How about adding a drug index to the mix of degree of difficulty? Throw out the high and low scores and make deductions from the others based on what the jocks are taking, injecting, ingesting, infusing, inhaling, invoking, and let the lot of them buy sponsorships so the tickets don’t cost so damned much. The fans have favorites anyway.

So Oprah Winfrey can cleanse you of your sins? Does she charge for that?

6. Mitchell says:

I never followed the Lance Armstrong thing but it was my understanding that he never failed a single test. Is that correct? If he did dope up it would be interesting to find out how he did that.

I can’t understand why anyone pretends that there isn’t some form of doping in every level of sports, from nine year olds drinking Red Bull on up to the wacky stuff the pros juice up with. Is anyone really concerned about losing their fan base over the truth?

8. Sentry, they are more concerned with losing revenue and contracts.

9. Radical Redneck says:

Records aren’t necessarily tainted. After all, they were hitting against pitchers even more doped up than them. ;-)

I don’t see it happening, Aggie. There are always fools who’re willing to mortgage their houses for season tickets and such. There’s a lot of noise about boycotting the NHL when they return, but we all know it’s not gonna happen. It’s a status thing, I think.

Look at how many cities will bankrupt themselves to get the Olympics. It’s one of the most corrupt organizations out there, with perennial doping scandals and yet people still watch the events and buy the merchandise.

11. maestro semprinin says:

Right. Remember what happened to Kerry Lynch at Lake Placid. He was leading the Nordic combined when the “jury” of Norwegians and Swedes restarted the competition and wiped out his jump records. They weren’t going to let an American beat them at their sport in OUR Country. Even though that didn’t register next to the Soviets coercion with the figure skating Judges, it still makes a mockery of genuine competition.

12. Lance McCormick says:

I’ve long wanted an “anything goes” (drug-wise) sports league or Olympics-analogue. It doesn’t even have to replace the existing ones. Let’s see what the augmented human body can do. It’ll also be cautionary in that, well, sometimes the athletes will get sick or even die because of the drugs they decided to ingest themselves.

Enhancement cybernetics are coming anyway, and it won’t be fair for normal humans to compete with cyborgs.

13. Nicole says:

I’m all for sports that involve drugs, weapons, cybernetic enhancement, anything goes as long as everyone involved is on the same playing field. Hell, if football included say… steroided mutants hopped up on goofballs while wearing elbow razors…I’d probably watch a game. Blood bowl sounds more and more like a fine idea.

14. Steamboat McGoo says:

I’m all in favor of a Doped Division of every professional sports activity.

There’d be tons of money in it and the medical, prosthetic, and chemical/drug research needed to enhance human performance would result in priceless developments for society in general and the elderly and disabled particularly.

Let the jocks screw up their brains and bodies, and shorten their lives. They already do it anyway.

I agree..I am all for a full doping/steroid/growth enhancement/testosterone added division in ANY sport. (To include curling.. =P )

Most sports involve hypocritical ‘leadership’ anyway. Just like hammering college athletes for taking money, but turning a blind eye when they are ‘loaned’ cars, phones, etc. (I personally saw a college football player receive over $500 cash from a former student in an elevator at a game.)

16. scr_north says:

Oh what the hell, May the Best Pharmacist Win!

17. Steamboat McGoo says:

What (80′s ?) movie was it where two dope chemists arm wrestle -- after each shoots up their pride-’n-joy personal dope recipe? I ferget…. :)

18. LC Lobo says:

Nicole says:
    January 11, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Add in landmines.

And I think I love you.

19. Veeshir says:

Add in landmines.

Mutant League Football Rulezzzzz!!!

20. LC Lobo says:

I didn’t know that they made a Mutant League Football game. I do recall playing the hell out of the hockey one. On Sega. Damn, I just revealed my age….

21. Veeshir says:

Mutant League Football ruled.

Plays included Bribe the Ref and Kill the Ref, you rarely ran longer than 20 yards without hitting a landmine.

Fan-farging-tastic.