Man Law : No man under any circumstances should have to explain the use of a power tool to another man.

Hazy Shade of Winter

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Friday, January 4, 2013 in Funny Pics, Open Thread, Weather

The prognosticators prognosticated sleet and ice and snow for my area today.

As usual, they were wrong.

Remind me to send them a Thank You card.

groundhog lol

Seriously, Punxsutawney Phil Sowerby has a better track record than most weather peeps.

So, today I shall be doing chores at home, and trying to stay warm while the prognosticated temperature reaches its zenith. Basically what I am trying to say is, I have run out of excuses and must now clean house.

And how will you be spending this inglorious bastardly day?? :D

1. ArmedGeek says:

Well, its January which is one of the shittier months in Texas.

However ……

I work INDOORS, suckers!

2. QueenBee says:

It is one of those days that I am especially grateful that Redbeard does not have an outdoor job!

I’m spending my day dreaming* about Sudafed. Damned sinus headache.

*I’m planning to make my dream come true on the drive home from work.

4. jaegersmom says:

I’m hitting the Mucinex hard, then watching the Aggies in the Cotton Bowl later!

BTHO OU!!!

5. Veeshir says:

Arizona weather fools are crappy even here during the summer. They predict sunny and 119 and it’s sunny and only 113.

Once monsoon season comes around and there’s a chance of clouds, they’re always wrong about whether it’ll be sunny or not.

That always makes me laugh.

I mean really, every day for 2 months it was sunny and 113 and yet every morning on the way to work, I heard them claim it was going to be a record-breakingly hot day and on the day they said that there was no chance of any more monsoon rains, it rained like hell.

My buddy works for NOAA, I used to ask him for weather reports but I stopped because he was always wrong. He’d say 2″ of snow and we’d get a foot. He’d say 8″ and it would be sunny and 40.
    The only time he was right was predicting more than 10″.
    Which sucked.

6. Reiuxcat says:

Every since they missed the 13″ of snow in San Antonio, back in 85(?), any chance of a snowflake they are calling it.

did anyone keep their “Ski San Antonio” T-shirt?

7. the botnet says:

Snow cover in my yard = 12″, and six inches of ice on the bays in Lake Winnebago. Didn’t catch shit all day, and didn’t even hit the whiskey. Good times though, and if I don’t get too drunk while my beloved Packers curbstomp the Viqueens I’ll be out there again before dawn.
    Man, I love winter.

Weather forecasting is the only job I know of where you can make a career out of being ten percent right ninety percent of the time.There are always two things I can predict with certainty: Part of the year, it’s hot enough to make your skin boil and for part of the year, conditions can freeze you solid.

How awesome is that?

9. Critter says:

Deer hunting. Pigs if they show up. Gotta dress properly for the weather.