Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. — The Doctor, Doctor Who (Blink)

Girlie Drink of the Week

Posted by LC Aggie Sith on Tuesday, March 11, 2014 in BOOZE!!, Social

Some of y’all may know, I am a fan of Doctor Who. I’m not a Whovian, per se. Just a lurking fan in the Who Universe. No one will ever come close to being Tom Baker as the Doctor, but I have to admit a couple of them made me turn my head in appreciation of their efforts. David Tennant did a fantastic turn as the 10th Doctor, but Christopher Eccleston was divine as the 9th.

I mean, really divine. It’s a pity he only lasted one season.

Today’s girlie drink is a tribute to Doctor Who.

sonic screwdriver drink

Sonic Screwdriver

• 1 oz. Blue curaçao
  • 1 oz. Citrus vodka
  • Ginger ale

Pour curaçao and vodka in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well, and strain into a low ball glass. Add ginger ale.

This is a delish drink to keep you tipsy while watching a Doctor Who marathon. Just remember one thing:

DON’T BLINK!!!

Heh :D

1. GMLand says:

For the first time, I may be inclined to enjoy a girlie drink. That looks mighta tasta!

Well-loved. Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

2. bbuddha says:

I agree with you , Christopher Eccleston is divine. I never saw Tom Baker. Matt Smith is my 2nd favorite.
    I never could forgive Tennent for destroying Prime minister, Harriet Jones, guilty of self defense (can’t stand men like that) And he topped it off with losing Rose

3. Yes, the PM thing rubbed me the wrong way.

*sobs*

Whaaaat? The Doctor was merely the rope that Harriet Jones (Shaun’s mum from Shaun of the Dead, by the way) used to commit political suicide.

5. Dave C says:

For the 34th time, this is a Girlie Drink of the Week I’m going to try.

6. cmblake6 says:

That looks brilliant! Mind you, I’d be doubling the alcohol levels.